Backup Solutions

How to backup? What and where to backup? All backup questions and discussions go to this forum.
  • Threads: 51

Filter by prefix:

In this article, we'll try to cover the most popular backup solutions and ways to do it. For general backup discussion please open a new thread...
Replies
Views
Is it possible to restore an Active Backup which is copied to a USB drive, without the NAS? For example copy the img files to USB drive, Hyper...
Replies
Views
Is there a "best practice" regarding rotating external USB disk when backing up there ? I'd like to manually rotate disks if possible without...
Replies
Views
I've just done a lot of transferring of data from my (previous NAS backed up) USB drive to my new NAS, directly using USB Copy package in both...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have DS 1817+ and last year I've setup Active backup for my 3 PCs and all is running fine and automated (no problems there). Think i want...
Replies
Views
DS920+ with the latest 7.0 release. I'm trying to backup a SharePoint site. It gets some, and then fails with an error that its couldn't complete...
Replies
Views
I want to sync and keep synced my photo catalog (around 16TB) from my PC to my NAS. I want to know what options to use? Synology Drive? Just mount...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hello. I have two Synology machines - a DS1813+ (Codex) and a DS1817+ (Crypt), both running DSM 6.2.4. I have an rsync task on Codex that moves a...
Replies
Views
Hi, some days ago I was forced to replace one of the disks in one of the volumes on my backup server. After doing that I wanted to backup my data...
Replies
Views
Hello all, This is my first post on the forum. I've owned my Synology DS218+ for about 18 months. I'm running 3 WD 4TB RED HDD. Two of these...
Replies
Views
I just got a DS920+ a couple days ago. For home I am deciding between these two solutions but I am not sure which one is better to use? I simply...
Replies
Views
Few days ago, Synology ActiveBackup started failing with "missing target folder" error. Once the support ticket was opened, it took them about 4...
Replies
Views
Hello Forum, My DSM informed me some time back that I should create a new administrator ID and deactivate the "admin" account, I did that some...
Replies
Views
Hi I've recently upgraded to a DS920+ upgraded and now setting up the backups. I tried HyperBackup to my old NAS (DS414) but it ws incredibly...
Replies
Views
So, let me assune we all doe 3,2,1 backups. That method is working for ages now and I thnk still is the best option against Ransomware and other...
Replies
Views
I recently set up a 4tb disk to be used t, "hyper," o backup my nas. It was a used NAS drive. I've been using a 1tb drive up until now. However...
Replies
Views
  • Solved
I have a shared NAS folder viewable on my PC as a shared drive, which i can copy files to and from, but i then have to copy the files manually...
Replies
Views
I have 3 Synology NAS that I use for backups & snapshot replication. I have disabled the default admin & guest account. created 2 custom...
Replies
Views
My question is with regards to Remote Snapshot Replication, rsync & Shared Sync Folder. NAS01 - OfficeA NAS02 - OfficeB Goal is to sync a...
Replies
Views
The last episode of "NAS Noob", I had purchased DS 220+, quickly realized that my decision lacked vision, and would not allow me to expand storage...
Replies
Views
Hey there folks. I have a DS920+ with two 16TB drives installed in mirroring mode. My pc has one 16TB HDD. I have around 11TB in total of data. I...
Replies
Views