Backup Solutions

How to backup? What and where to backup? All backup questions and discussions go to this forum.
In this article, we'll try to cover the most popular backup solutions and ways to do it. For general backup discussion please open a new thread...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hey, wizards, I'm looking to complete my backup solution with a geographic backup. My goal is two-fold: If my house goes up in flames or my NAS...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi All, I'm trying to get the Synology to backup to a remote QNAP (over the net). I know this works - as I had it working for over a year - but...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi, I am using rsync to backup a Debian server to my NAS. I use commands included in a bash script. It has been working fine for 1 year. Since I...
Replies
Views
I noticed that Time machine can't find either the attached USB drive nor has made backups to NAS for 3 days. Two events happened that day. I...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone. I have a DS220+ and my mom has a DS120+. I had our NAS's performing backups nightly to each others NAS's flawlessly for several...
Replies
Views
I have two Synology NAS devices. One has been backing up to the other for a couple of years. When I connected to the server, I saw this error...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi there, I've been reading through these forums and others trying to find the best solution for my use case. I'm more confused than ever, but...
Replies
Views
New here, have searched and can't seem to find an answer and thought for sure someone here could help. I am trying to upgrade my parent's file...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hey there folks. I have a DS920+ with two 16TB drives installed in mirroring mode. My pc has a 2x1TB SSD and one 16TB HDD. I have around 11TB in...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Sorry if this question has been asked before, I have tried searching but can't find an answer. Is there any app like Googles Backup & Sync that...
Replies
Views
Dear Bro, I face this sittuation: My customer have an old NAS and a new NAS. He want to move all datas, settings and files permission to new one...
Replies
Views
I think I want to use Active Backup for Business as my Windows 10 PC backup tool. 1/3 of my files are music, many have the same file name and...
Replies
Views
I've been using a 215J with Macrium Reflect for Daily Operating System Images and Allway Sync for all other multiple Drive Back Up...
Replies
Views
I am getting this error when trying to access some old Hyperbackups (hbk files). These were created in my previous Diskstation which I no longer...
Replies
Views
I’ve had this Hyper Backup task stuck at 70% discarding for the past two hours. I think it’s stuck but not sure what to do? I had to pause the...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, I'm looking to get a synology nas as a small file server and backup target in a SOHO environment. I've been looking at Hyper back up...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. Like to pick on your brains. We had to do a restore for a NAS. It is 1,6Tb off data. Restore is for everything. Repository is on a...
Replies
Views
Hi, First of all, sorry for my english, I'll try to make it understandable... I use Snapshot replication toibackup schedule backup tasks from...
Replies
Views
  • Solved
Hi 👋! I'm new to Synology products, and am just getting to grips with how everything works, and settling into what setup would work for me. I...
Replies
Views
I'm testing out encrypted Hyper Backup of my primary NAS (1621xs+} to a backup NAS (1621+). Backups completed successfully and keys were...
Replies
Views