Backup Solutions

How to backup? What and where to backup? All backup questions and discussions go to this forum.
  • Threads: 112

Filter by prefix:

In this article, we'll try to cover the most popular backup solutions and ways to do it. For general backup discussion please open a new thread...
Replies
Views
This is my first post. I have a DS 1621+ and I am backing up the NAS with a 10TB WD Elements drive by USB. I am looking for a cloud backup...
Replies
Views
Hello, I would like to run one task from Active Backup but after VPN Connection. Is it possible from GUI? if not which is the command from...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone, I am new to this forum and I was wondering if you would be kind enough to assist me. I own a DS218+ which I mainly use to backup...
Replies
Views
G
Hello, Is there a way I can use Synology Drive 3.xx to backup my photos library, on macOS Monterey, onto my DS920+? If not, is there a better...
Replies
Views
Is there a way to view a detailed Active Backup 365 log so we can see exactly which items are causing errors or warnings? For example when we run...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Looking for recommendations for a good backup software. I have a Windows PC (approx 16TB of data) and couple iPhones and iPads (approx 3TB data)...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hello, I hope somebody can help me with my problem NAS: DS1019+ DSM: DSM 7.1-42661 Update 3 I make with Hpyerbackup 2 local backups on 2 Seagate...
Replies
Views
This is going to be a little confusing, but thanks to @Rusty I finally had HB backing up my source nas to a destination nas nightly, working 100%...
Replies
Views
Something very odd is happening with Active Backup. I used AB to backup a DS920+ to a DS918+ (I also have a hyper backup on eSATA becasue beta...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I am currently using Hyper backup to make rsync backups to a windows 10 computer acting as a file server. For some reason the job continues to...
Replies
Views
I didn't want to thread jack, so I figured I would ask here separately. Which is better for backing up your nas to another local nas? HB or the...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I am using DSM 7.0.1-42218 update 2 on multiple NAS devices. I have installed the Active Backup for Business agent on the PCs I wish to backup...
Replies
Views
I have SuperDuper that I have used to "copy new" from one SSD to another - I would like to do something similar with my DS220+ where I connect my...
Replies
Views
Sorry if I missed it, but I didn't see any discussion of this in the existing threads. I've got an external disk which holds my photo library and...
Replies
Views
Good afternoon all. New here, but have been using Synology for about 15 years or more. Certainly since Windows Home Server demise many years ago...
Replies
Views
  • Solved
Sorry for posting a new thread. I am obviously a little confused by Snapshots. So again I am kindly asking for advice. Thank you in advance! I am...
Replies
Views
I have two PCs backing up via ABB and DSM desktop shows a notification whenever they complete. Is it possible to edit these notifications so...
Replies
Views
I need to sync files from a remote location to a local Synology device. This fails as a Scheduled Task so I tested from the command line - see...
Replies
Views
Hi Forum, Basically hopeless at this point, as for a year I have been trying to figure out how to delete instances of a file / folder from my...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I've read through a number of posts on various forums about setting up a rotating backup task with HyperBackup. I've got a USB enclosure where I...
Replies
Views