Backup Solutions

How to backup? What and where to backup? All backup questions and discussions go to this forum.
  • Threads: 213

Filter by prefix:

I need to sync files from a remote location to a local Synology device. This fails as a Scheduled Task so I tested from the command line - see...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I've read through a number of posts on various forums about setting up a rotating backup task with HyperBackup. I've got a USB enclosure where I...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I have been backing up my MS 365 for Business data to my DS 220+ using Active Backup for MS 365, and this has been working well. I now want to go...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I've moved all my data onto my new DS720+ from my simple old Buffalo NAS that just presents USB shares. I want to back up certain shared folders...
Replies
Views
Hi I've recently upgraded to a DS920+ upgraded and now setting up the backups. I tried HyperBackup to my old NAS (DS414) but it ws incredibly...
Replies
Views
Good morning all :D I currently have a cloud sync for my Dropbox, this just acts as if I had dropbox on my local PC so I can access certain files...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi there, I'd like to ask how / whether ppl have rsync running on DSM 7 - since apparently some changes happened and I find contradicting...
Replies
Views
Occasionally I get asked if I can recover data from failing portable hard disks, but as a Mac user, I'm finding data recovery tools are somewhat...
Replies
Views
Hello. I am wondering if there is a way to remove a Time Machine backup and force a completely new backup. I have 2 different MacBook Pros set...
Replies
Views
Good Morning & Merry Christmas!, I backed up my PLEX SERVER APP DATA and I need to know the correct steps to re-install the Backup...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi everyone. My wife and I have a newborn daughter and we both click a ton of pics of her on our phones. I recently bought the DS220+ with one of...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Greetings I have a NAS. It has DSM 7.0. I am seeking to figure out whether to use the Synology software or Resilio sync. For this purpose: for...
Replies
Views
Yesterday I saw a post on here, asking to critique their Backup Structure, and so I thought I would do the same. I'm relatively new to Synology...
Replies
Views
I just got a DS920+ a couple days ago. For home I am deciding between these two solutions but I am not sure which one is better to use? I simply...
Replies
Views
Can I download movies tv shows etc from google gdrive to synology nas?
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi, I am using rsync to backup a Debian server to my NAS. I use commands included in a bash script. It has been working fine for 1 year. Since I...
Replies
Views
I noticed that Time machine can't find either the attached USB drive nor has made backups to NAS for 3 days. Two events happened that day. I...
Replies
Views

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back