Backup Solutions

How to backup? What and where to backup? All backup questions and discussions go to this forum.
  • Threads: 213

Filter by prefix:

ABB is emailing me that backups are missed, because I had to send a laptop out for repair. It will be off the LAN for a week or two. How can I...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi, I've got a couple of questions to make sure I can make this work properly. I have 3 Identical DS923+ (HDD, RAM, etc); two are currently in...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi all, This is my first post, so apologies if I selected the wrong category or topic. I have a question I haven't been able to get a answer...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Does anyone here use Backblaze computer backup (i.e. not B2) to achieve offsite backup of your NAS? https://www.backblaze.com/cloud-backup I know...
Replies
Views
In an attempt to be able to create a recoverable backup of both my Windows operating system, programs and typical user accounts/data, all from a...
Replies
Views
So as I was doing some ramping up on DSM docs, I came across this little blurb... 'Using ... other package mounted folders as the backup source...
Replies
Views
I have a DS423+ with the following: Shared Folder 7.9TB Synology Drive Database 2.7TB Snapshots 834.4GB Others 1.1GB Available 2.5TB I use...
Replies
Views
  • Question
How to backup whole nas Hi I have a ds1621+, which replaced a ds1515+. I'd like to now use the 1515 as a backup for the 1621. My first idea was...
Replies
Views
Looking for potential feedback.. I am using ABB to backup 5 computers. It works wonderfully. I recently setup Hyper Backup to copy the ABB data...
Replies
Views
  • Solved
I'm having a problem with my backups via HyperBackup. I don't know who the culprit is, but I thought I'd ask here. I currently use Hyperbackup to...
Replies
Views
Currently I have the following NASs: 1.) Main NAS (DS423+) (about 9TB of data on a 14 TB volume) 2.) Local Back-up NAS (Custom UNRAID backing up...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm using two NAS units with DSM 7, one in office and other at home. I configured months ago the synology drive sharesync in...
Replies
Views
HUGE apologies if anything below is incorrect. I am trying to make sure I’ve understood basic backup knowledge on Hyper Backup rotation versions...
Replies
Views
HI! I can log in to my NAS just fine via a browser and I can connect to the file server logging in with my usual credentials and it shows up in my...
Replies
Views
G
Hello, Is there a way I can use Synology Drive 3.xx to backup my photos library, on macOS Monterey, onto my DS920+? If not, is there a better...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I'm trying ABB on my DS918+ with DSM 7.1.1. I can start it manually but it does not start at the scheduled time. I want to backup two Macbooks. Is...
Replies
Views
I have an issue where my Synology Drive Client is running on my desktop PC, and it says up to date, but when I use the Drive app on my Android...
Replies
Views
I am a novice with this NAS Setup, I recently purchased a 923+ with 48TB. I work with Mac OS X and am used to external hard drives. I am trying...
Replies
Views
  • Question
This is a genuine question. In all the years I've owned Synology NASs I don't think I'ever successfully pulled a single file on Windows machine...
Replies
Views
I have a Hyperbakup task setup to backup all of my files and applications and currently have it set to backup daily, I suspect completely overkill...
Replies
Views

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back