Backup Solutions

How to backup? What and where to backup? All backup questions and discussions go to this forum.
  • Threads: 213

Filter by prefix:

• Question
This is my first NAS. I'm running 2x12tb drives in SHR. I got this NAS to run a plex media server, store my photos and backup my PCs. I'm using...
Replies
Views
Hello to everyone, I have a problem to solve I hope someone will be able to help :) I was trying to backup PC with 2 drives C: (system) and...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hello, New member here and I'm having a very frustrating issue with my Hyperbackup and the task and file permissions. I didn't notice at the...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I have a question regarding syncing my companies Google shared drives with a Synology NAS DS1522+ This is to be used as an on site server...
Replies
Views
So I started this backup yesterday and it ran fine and completed the first backup from TrueNAS NFS to the folder on the Synology in the screen...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi, I’m new to using a forum so please be patient with me. I will shortly be installing a Synology DS223j nas. My pc runs windows 11. All I want...
Replies
Views
I'm just getting started using Active Backup for Business (ABB) and I'm confused if I'm protected against Ransomeware. Here's my setup (gonna be...
Replies
Views
I'm new to the Active Backup for Business solution and WORM tech. I'm in the process of setting up ABB to backup my server. I'm confused on how...
Replies
Views
I bought some storage in a server to use Hyper Backup to drop my offsite backup in. However, I have not been able to make it work. I can SSH into...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone I recently upgraded to DSM 7.2. Prior to that, I was receiving email notifications whenever an Active Backup for Business task...
Replies
Views
My brother and I each have a NAS at home. We want to back these up for each other. Initially, I have both synchronized on the same network. Now...
Replies
Views
I have multiple shared folders which I backup on a USB SSD on plugin. My question is: Is there a way to auto eject the SSD if multiple copy...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm a NAS Newbie. Just bought a DS923+ which I'm using in a Mac/iOS environment. Using 3 x 12TB Synology HDD in RAID 5 (as this is just one...
Replies
Views
Hi, can anyone confirm that Hyper Backup works between DSM7.1 (Vault) and DSM7.2 (Client) ? I have an old DS114 that I use to store backup. This...
Replies
Views
So i am using DS423+ to do time machine backups. However i have observed i am able to view only backups of 2 days old when i am not on the same...
Replies
Views
So I've been trying to use TimeMachine on my synology with no luck now for years. But I have finally gotten it working and there are 2 big hidden...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hello, My sister and I each have a Diskstation (DS923+ and DS918+). We would like to backup these to each other. Initially we did this on the...
Replies
Views
Hey yall, I'm currently working on a solution to protect my data for the long term. My current plan is to: 1.) Store all my data locally on my...
Replies
Views
Saw this posted over at the Community. Any word on such for 2023?
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi there I am a home user, and I have been trying to set up a new backup task on my ds918+ (DSM 7.1.1-42962 Update 6) to a local USB attached to...
Replies
Views

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back