Backup Solutions

How to backup? What and where to backup? All backup questions and discussions go to this forum.
  • Threads: 213

Filter by prefix:

Any idea how to back my Synology to network drives (WD Cloud & D-Link)? I am trying to use Hyper Backup and i am getting the message below. Am i...
Replies
Views
I would be interested in having Hyperbackup back up to a WORM-enabled share on an offsite NAS, so that the backups can't be garbled by ransomware...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Setup NAS = DS920+ / DSM 7.0 backing up: Main PC win10 3 drives used daily many hours 2nd PC win10 2 drives used 5x a week I do not keep...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi guys, new to the Forum & NAS. Just purchased a D923 with 3 drives. Drives 1 & 2 are mirrored in "Storage Pool 1" and drive 3 is a standalone in...
Replies
Views
Have an encrypted folder which I can see (mount/unmount) through Synology DM. If mounted, the contents can be accessed from the Mac. I want to...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 5784
D
Hi all, Today I use one old NAS (WD Mycloud 2TB) and one USB drive (also 2TB) as backup for my DS220+. The DS220+ has 2x4TB drives and as I...
Replies
Views
I have 2 NAS at my office. In one of by NAS device, I need to sync files as two way sync. At the same time I want to sync the same files as...
Replies
Views
Hi All, I have several Synology NAS (218+, 220+ and 1520+. I backup these to WD Elements (218 on one WD and 220 & 1520 on another WD. Everything...
Replies
Views
This is a problem which only started happening after upgrade to DSM 7.1.1-42962 Update 4. I realize that I am asking a lot of my little DS216+...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I have a strange scenario. I want to do offsite backups. I have an offsite location connected to my main location via a Draytek-based Lan-Lan...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm looking for a cheap solution to back up my entire NAS (25TB) to a cloud storage. So far, the only affordable solution I've found is...
Replies
Views
Hi! New member to the forum!! I have a Synology DiskStation DS220+. I have installed the Active Backup for Business inside DSM and the Agent...
Replies
Views
  • Solved
I want to rsync my Debian /home directory to my DS418play via SSH. I'm currently doing this by mounting a NAS share to Debian and running rsync...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 5784
D
  • Question
I created a backup task using Rsync from my DS920+ with the data going to my QNAP NAS. I got it setup and, in the process, a new folder was...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I have Synology ABB Client active on my RHEL 8.6 Linux Server and it has happily been taking backups for months now. However, I have cause to...
Replies
Views
I have an existing backup drive (16TB RAID5) that I use for Time Machine backups. I have two external drives and my Mac hard drive that are...
Replies
Views
I have my DS918+ hyper backup to my DS414. I've defined several tasks for different folders and that's working fine. However, I need a task to...
Replies
Views
Hi All, We are testing a RS1619xs+ for disaster recovery for potentially rolling out to customers. Our scenario... 1 Physical Server running...
Replies
Views
Possible to run a batch file on Synology NAS Storage to copy external HDD files to NAS HDD with time triggered using (Task Scheduler)
Replies
Views
Hi, i tried to create a backup job to another Diskstation, but it failed because there where no way to choose the shared folder. After some...
Replies
Views

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back