Matomo (formerly Piwik) is the leading open-source analytics platform that gives you more than just powerful analytics:
- Free open-source software
- 100% data ownership
- User privacy protection
- User-centric insights
- Customisable and extensible
For Matomo in Docker we'll use 3 docker images:
- Matomo official image
- Linuxserver MariaDB (database)
- phpMyAdmin (web UI for MariaDB)
First, install MariaDB and phpMyAdmin. Create a database for Matomo in phpMyAdmin (for database collation use
utf8mb4_general_ci). Set the username name for the database and password (you'll need them later in Matomo installation).
Once that's done, let's go to Matomo installation in Docker.
In DSM go to Docker -> Registry and search for
Download the matomo image. Pick the latest image, when asked.
Once downloaded, go to the Image tab and double click on
Click Advanced settings and Enable auto-restart (optional) in next screen.
In the Volume tab click on Add folder and create a folder on your NAS where the files will be located and set the Mount path to
/var/www/html like this:
Skip the Network tab.
In Port Settings tab set the local port number to any number (for instance, set it to 7777):
Skip the Links and Environment tabs.
Apply changes and save everything.
http://yourNASip:localMatomoPort to start the installation:
Follow the steps.
* To connect to your Matomo from outside, you can use Reverse Proxy. Check this tutorial.
- Related resources
- Mariadb is one of the most popular database servers. Made by the original developers of MySQL. In this tutorial, we are going to use this image: linuxserver/mariadb In DSM go to Docker -> Registry and search for mariadb: Download the second...www.synoforum.comphpMyAdmin - A web interface for MySQL and MariaDB In this tutorial, we are going to use this image: phpmyadmin/phpmyadmin In DSM go to Docker -> Registry and search for phpmyadmin: Download the second result, phpmyadmin/phpmyadmin image...www.synoforum.comThis tutorial will cover a few short steps that you need to know and setup in order to make your apps and services accessible via the internet (or LAN) using a specific domain name and custom (or default) port. It will also help you to avoid...www.synoforum.com