NAS
DS415P, DS418
Operating system
  1. macOS
  2. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. iOS
Dear all
I have a DS415P NAS with already a Foscam camera attached (to protect my garden). I also have a DS418 for backup purposes (syncing between two NAS devices).
I want to buy a second ip camera and install it to the front of my house (in the middle of the facade).
Requirements: outdoor, wired, 180 degrees horizontal view.
I was considering the Vivotek CC9381-HV (approx. 500 euro) but this type is not supported by Synology.
Who has any experience with this camera attached to his NAS (although it's not supported) or who knows a supported alternative ?
Kind regards
Willem

Last edited:
Dont write off the cheapo chinese things from say Amazon, I picked up Indoor POE IP Camera Security Fisheye Panoramic: Amazon.co.uk: Camera & Photo it works with SS via onvif, yes you have no real control over it, i have it outside under the eves of a shed (as its not rated for outdoor use, but it doesnt get wet) and its worked religiously for 2 years, and the picture is really not that bad esp the night vision quality and a plus its POE which is perfect for me. edit: there does appear to be outdoor rated ones also for similar sort of price.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Welcome to SynoForum.com!

SynoForum.com is an unofficial Synology forum for NAS owners and enthusiasts.

Registration is free, easy and fast!

Back