DS620slim, DS415+
Operating system
  1. Linux
  2. macOS
  3. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. Android
  2. iOS
When do we expect Synology to make the next technological step?
Today the competition has announced a 3 bay with the above specs for around 500euro.
I am ready..

Yep, it will move forward, although cost of 10Gbe switches and CAT6 re-cabling still hold many people back, 2.5Gbe is now quickly gaining support.
Same with sata ssd vs nvme, real life speed benefits are small in a NAS, but in a few years SSD SATA will be off standard and more expensive than nvme.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Similar threads

Hardware of several Synology competitors often seems a generation ahead. The wave of security issues and...
Replies
Views
That'd perhaps be a fun project someday. :)
Replies
Views
After reading posts here and elsewhere.... Checked all SSD's yet again.... All are 4-5 years old...
Replies
Views
Running WD Gold enterprise drives for a client of mine on a DS220+ those have been solid. Only reason I...
Replies
Views
The Q3 HDD stats are in, no spectacular changes there. That leaves me with the mid year SSD statistics...
Replies
Views
It will be a long shot. To answer @Fortran consideration, it is necessary to describe the issue in more...
Replies
Views
please read, if you are interested, with even more caution than the HDD stats, this first report. This...
Replies
Views

Welcome to SynoForum.com!

SynoForum.com is an unofficial Synology forum for NAS owners and enthusiasts.

Registration is free, easy and fast!

Back