DS 718+, 2x-DS 720+
Router
  1. RT2600ac
Operating system
  1. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. iOS
Last edited:
Couple days ago updated Neighbor's 2600ac router and installed my TP Rules on his system... This morning call indicating not able to Download book. “No Internet Access—Check Proxy”.
We can download books, and he's using our rules, so ???
When I got there, I used his W10 Laptop to access Router... W10 sees internet (That’s one of my custom rules to fix a TP false positive (Internet Access displayed incorrectly...)
Surprise! I tell him what I'm watching, and he watches same area, and the Microsoft W10 Surface on WIFI he’s sitting at see's no internet, but can access it!!! Just like months ago here at home on W7 & W10 systems! And that's one of my rules! ????
So I'm sitting at their W10 Home Laptop Seeing Internet, and he's on same router with Surface W10 Home Saying NO internet — yet Has Access.
So I went into TP events, and had him log off and on WIFI... TP reacted with a Drop... Doube-checked that IP with my phone... YEP! It's a Microsoft IP! But it is a Different IP than what W7 or W10 Laptop uses to "See" Internet....
Created a New Rule, "Do Nothing" for this ‘new’ MS IP..

Fixed that!! Now says Has internet when it did anyway!!! IP Address for "Internet Access" Prompt at lower right corner is same for W7 & 10, DIFFERENT on a Microsoft Surface Tablet!

On to Downloading book..... That is now fixed! The book download probably looked at the Internet Access area on the Surface.... !!
Backed up his new TP settings & rules.
2 for the price of 1 "FIX"

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Welcome to SynoForum.com!

SynoForum.com is an unofficial Synology forum for NAS owners and enthusiasts.

Registration is free, easy and fast!

Trending threads

Back