2 instances of Radarr - Package Center and Container Manager

Currently reading
2 instances of Radarr - Package Center and Container Manager

NAS
DS1621+
Operating system
  1. Windows
I have my Plex Media Server and 1 instance of Radarr setup through Containment Manager and 1 instance of Radarr setup through DSM's Package center. When I set up movies through the CM Radarr, it imports as designed into Plex using the remote path mapping easy peasy. However, my Package Center instance of Radarr will not import movies into Plex and the obvious reason is that the remote path mapping on the DSM begins with /volume1/data.......... whereas the remote mapping on the CM instance begins with /data........

Ignoring my likely convoluted reasons for running 2 instances like this, is there a way to get the movies imported correctly while using the Package Center instance? I have to manually move the file to it's intended location when I use it currently.

I use Syncthing to download my files from my seedbox to my NAS.

Solution
Right, I meant that I left the container port on it's default 7878, not that I physically changed it.
-- post merged: --

I'm about ready to give up as I clearly do not have the knowledge (nor patience) to figure this out lol.

I have created a separate shared folder with subfolders for the 2nd instance to map to and it still will not load as a separate instance. My pool is one volume, is that the issue?

Running these separately, they continue to load under port 7878.

Port 7879 just will not load for me.
If you want I can help you via a remote session. PM me if you are open to the idea.
I have my Plex Media Server and 1 instance of Radarr setup through Containment Manager and 1 instance of Radarr setup through DSM's Package center. When I set up movies through the CM Radarr, it imports as designed into Plex using the remote path mapping easy peasy. However, my Package Center instance of Radarr will not import movies into Plex and the obvious reason is that the remote path mapping on the DSM begins with /volume1/data.......... whereas the remote mapping on the CM instance begins with /data........

Ignoring my likely convoluted reasons for running 2 instances like this, is there a way to get the movies imported correctly while using the Package Center instance? I have to manually move the file to it's intended location when I use it currently.

I use Syncthing to download my files from my seedbox to my NAS.
Sounds like a permission issue to me to begin with. But, why not run both radarr solutions as docker?

Upvote 0
Sounds like a permission issue to me to begin with. But, why not run both radarr solutions as docker?
I am truly in my infancy stage with Synology NAS / Docker, etc and slowly working my way through. I have tried simply running a second instance of Radarr through the Container Manager, but can't seem to do it. I pick a different port but it doesn't work. Clearly I'm doing something wrong.

Getting back to the Package Center's Radaar instance, you think it is a permission issue? I really thought that the mapping was screwing it up as it says that my local path doesn't exist and the only difference is the "/volume1" in front of the path whereas the Docker version of Radarr does not use that line?

Upvote 0
Clearly I'm doing something wrong
Apart from port mappings and volume location that need to be different between those 2 instances, rest is the same.

port mapping on the host side should be different, container side can remain the same.

radarr 1 example:

Code:
7878:7878

radarr 2 example:

7879:7878

One port value difference will be enough. The same goes for volume mapping location. Just use a different local destination for each and it should be just fine.

Upvote 0
Last edited:
Apart from port mappings and volume location that need to be different between those 2 instances, rest is the same.

port mapping on the host side should be different, container side can remain the same.

radarr 1 example:

Code:
7878:7878

radarr 2 example:

7879:7878

One port value difference will be enough. The same goes for volume mapping location. Just use a different local destination for each and it should be just fine.
Thanks for your assistance, I will try again. You are saying that I need two separate destination folders though? Currently, I have Syncthing sending my files to /data/torrents/downloads. I can't have the 2 instances of Radarr importing from the same folder?

Thanks for your assistance, I will try again. You are saying that I need two separate destination folders though? Currently, I have Syncthing sending my files to /data/torrents/downloads. I can't have the 2 instances of Radarr importing from the same folder?
I can't access my 2nd instance. I used port 7879 in the settings and when I try to connect to it, it doesn't load.

Upvote 0
can't have the 2 instances of Radarr importing from the same folder?
If the move is successful the file will be deleted from the location.

used port 7879 in the settings and when I try to connect to it, it doesn't load.
Any specific error happening in the browser?

Upvote 0
Last edited:
If the move is successful the file will be deleted from the location.

Any specific error happening in the browser?
"The site can't be reached" "XX.X.X.XXX refused to connect"

The only other difference is when I had set up my 1st Radarr instance, I did not specify a local port I just kept it blank and the container port was obviously 7878. In the 2nd instance, as you suggested, I put 7879 in local port and kept the container port at 7878.

Upvote 0

The only other difference is when I had set up my 1st Radarr instance, I did not specify a local port I just kept it blank and the container port was obviously 7878. In the 2nd instance, as you suggested, I put 7879 in local port and kept the container port at 7878.
Well, you will have to set a port. If you leave it blank or auto, you will not know on what port the container is working. Make sure to map left and right values, with the left one (host) different then radarr 1 and the right one needs to be the same (internal container port).

Upvote 0
Well, you will have to set a port. If you leave it blank or auto, you will not know on what port the container is working. Make sure to map left and right values, with the left one (host) different then radarr 1 and the right one needs to be the same (internal container port).
Again, thank you for assisting me through this. It's tough starting out and trying to learn this.

I went back to the drawing board; I deleted both instances and started from scratch. While setting the 1st instance, I put 7878 in the local port as well as the container port. It loads as usual.

I then set up the 2nd instance and this time I put 7879 in the local port and 7878 in the container port. Wouldn't load. I then deleted 2nd instance and reloaded, this time placing 7879 in both the local as well as the container ports. Still no dice.

I just noticed that I can run both separately if I stop one of them (stop 1st instance, 2nd one will load. Stop 2nd instance, 1st one will load), and both are on port 7878 as I cannot get anything to load using port 7879.

Lol, it is so frustrating. I would be fine using the Package Center's Radarr alongside the Container Manager's instance but the files will not import into the final destination folder that I choose after they download. They did when I had Plex installed through the Package Center. It appears that Radarr imports the files as long as Plex is in the same environment.

Upvote 0
It appears that Radarr imports the files as long as Plex is in the same environment
It just appears that way. Radarr has 0 direct connections with Plex or any other platform for that matter.

this time placing 7879 in both the local as well as the container ports. Still no dice
Don't do that. Unless the image or variables allow for such a change, do not change the container value.

I just noticed that I can run both separately if I stop one of them (stop 1st instance, 2nd one will load. Stop 2nd instance, 1st one will load), and both are on port 7878
This just proves that all is working as it should, and there is no reason for it not to run on separate ports. So apart from ports what else is the issue here? Considering that radarr 2 work when using default port, does that mean that you have configured both containers to use the same volume location?

I would assume so, as radarr 2 is loading up when using the default port, but you have not mentioned anything about the volume mappings and paths.

So again, have you configured each Radarr instance with its own local separate path?

Upvote 0
So again, have you configured each Radarr instance with its own local separate path?
No, I used the same volume and paths for both instances. Ok, think I get what you were saying before regarding two separate volumes / paths.

No, I used the same volume and paths for both instances. Ok, think I get what you were saying before regarding two separate volumes / paths.
So, for example, my current path is /data/torrents/downloads/ as I have set up my shared drive. Is it as simple as creating another path such as /data2/torrents/downloads/ ?

Upvote 0

So, for example, my current path is /data/torrents/downloads/ as I have set up my shared drive. Is it as simple as creating another path such as /data2/torrents/downloads/ ?
the main volume would be the config path. Depending on what exact image you are using

Upvote 0
Last edited:
the main volume would be the config path. Depending on what exact image you are using
Unless you are modifying the container image NEVER CHANGE the container port !!!
Right, I meant that I left the container port on it's default 7878, not that I physically changed it.

I'm about ready to give up as I clearly do not have the knowledge (nor patience) to figure this out lol.

I have created a separate shared folder with subfolders for the 2nd instance to map to and it still will not load as a separate instance. My pool is one volume, is that the issue?

Upvote 0

If you want I can help you via a remote session. PM me if you are open to the idea.

Upvote 0
Solution

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.