2 NAS under the same router

Currently reading
2 NAS under the same router

NAS
DS216 - DS214play - DS713
Hello,
I have 2 different synology NAS on the same network. I would like to use cloud station server on both NAS and avoid using quickconnect (syncing is too slow with quickconnect). How can i do this ?
Unfortunately, cloud station server uses port 6690 and cannot be modified. So i cannot forward port 6690 to 2 different IP address in my router.
Any idea??

Best regards.

Guillaume

cloud station has been replaced by drive, several years ago.
the port, you should be able to change it for many applications:
  1. Go to Control Panel > Login Portal > Applications.
  2. Double-click Synology Drive.
  3. Under Web Services, you can configure the following settings: Alias: Enter an alias for Synology Drive. Customized port (HTTP) and Customized port (HTTPS): Enable ports according to your needs. ...
  4. Save the settings.
Changing the port for drive seems unnecessary, as you setup drive on the various client and server in the application itself, so drive should be capable of finding out where to put the data?

I have 2 different synology NAS on the same network.
You can always forward a different router ports to the same internal port if it’s for a different host and take that into consideration when configuring your applications. But yes, Drive superseded Cloud Station.

For example:
Port 6690 on the router to 192.168.1.10 6690
Port 26690 on the router to 192.168.1.20 6690

Hello. Thanks for your help.
I moved all my Nas to synology drive.
I can access all my drives using the web application http:<ip_address>:port after forwarding ports to the right IP address
BUT the drive sync app continues syncing using port 6690 and i cannot change that port (i can change the port to access synology drive web application).
So i'm still stucked having one NAS that synces through internet and the second NAS that synces through quickconnect
Or maybe i can tell the drive sync app to use another port like you said 26690 that would be forwarded to 6690 for the NAS that is accessed with quickconnect? But i don't know how to do this

BUT the drive sync app continues syncing using port 6690 and i cannot change that port (i can change the port to access synology drive web application).
I've never used Synology Drive client on a desktop. I'm using the mobile app on my iPad and iPhone and I can define a port. According to @Rusty, this is not possible with the desktop client.

They should “streamline” the desktop clients client 🤣

The problem is that the Drive desktop client is hardwired to use 6690, meaning one port forward on that port.
Ye very annoying this. Sometimes I wonder if it itsn't just plain HTTP/HTTPS under the hood. If so, we'd have so much more freedom & flexibility to reverse proxy this however we want. For security, this would also gain a +1 for me as that would require less open ports..

I manage to use a different port. In fact all you have to do is to type in the address bar: IP:Port. If you don't specify any port, the drive sync app uses default port 6690. If you specify a different port, it uses this port.
So i tried using 26690 and in my router, i map external port 26690 to internal port 6690.

Now, i have another problem. The drive sync app is already linked to the 2 other NAS (1 through internet, one through quickconnect). I would like to change the address and port so that they both work without quickconnect. When i click on modify connection settings, the address bar is greyed out. Is there a way to change the address and port or do i need to delete the connection and create a new one (i'd rather avoid this otherwise i will probably have to resync all the datas?)

When i click on modify connection settings, the address bar is greyed out. Is there a way to change the address and port or do i need to delete the connection and create a new one (i'd rather avoid this otherwise i will probably have to resync all the datas?)
Unfortunately you'll have to create a new connection and everything will have to resync.

the drive sync app uses default port 6690. If you specify a different port, it uses this port.
Hmm, this is news to me I have to be honest. But they must have changed this at some point. Tnx for the feedback and for correcting me on this. (*writes it down)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.