2600AC in Access Point and I can t connect to DRM (synologyrouter:8000)

Currently reading
2600AC in Access Point and I can t connect to DRM (synologyrouter:8000)

NAS
DS1019+
Router
  1. RT2600ac
Operating system
  1. macOS
Mobile operating system
  1. iOS
Hi ! I have a big problem, I ve tried to connect my router Synology as an AP to my celular due to crash of my company router, and now i CAN T connect to my Synology Interface to roll back 0r change config !! How can i do that ?

Please help,thanks in advance to everyone who read this

Using Synology Assistant I only can see the NAS, but router does not appear. Do i need to change the ethernet wire On Synology Router. Actually is it connected to a switch

Did you enable HTTPS forward or something like that? The default HTTPS port is 8001. Maybe the switch is part of a different subnet and your router got a different IP than you expect. If the router detects any conflicts it's changing it's own IP and subnet. You can have a look for some of the default of the IP addresses which SRM will try. Why did the subnet range of my Synology Router suddenly change? - Synology Knowledge Center
Keep in mind that your client device must have an IP of the same subnet. So if your router is 192.168.0.1 for example you should setup your client manually to 192.168.0.222 or something like that. So maybe your client is getting a different IP as well.

Finally the solution:

I connected the router to my mac using eth wire. I activated the DHCP on my mac and miracle, the ip rang had been changed to 10.x.x.1 versus 192.168.x.x that theorically should be.

After that i could back up my config and reverse to router function.

Thanks for your time

That’s what I have guessed as SRM changes the subnet if it detects any conflicts.
Nice that it’s working again.

Next time you should change the IP address to a free one if you are going to use it as AP again.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.