Currently reading
2FA Applications

NAS
DS224+, RS820+, DS718+
Operating system
  1. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. iOS
I recently learned about a 2FA app called 2FAS (open source which I like) while reading a Bitwarden community post. I have been using Authy for the past many years and have always been on the look out for something better. One of the major things I want/need in a 2FA app is multi device support, so that in case one device is lost/stolen/damaged, I have another device where I can still access accounts. It's also nice that Authy has site logo support, something that 2FAS has as well.

One major benefit I think I see from 2FAS in comparison to Authy is that it is not based on the cloud to sync your devices. There is also the capability of exporting the accounts, so that you can restore them back into 2FAS.

Creating this thread to see what 2FA apps others are using.
Have you ever heard or are you using of 2FAS? Is it good/bad?

2FAS also has the Chrome Extension. It's a nice open-source option.

Last edited:
2FAS also has the Chrome Extension. It's a nice open-source option.
That is a benefit too. Surprised this app hasn’t turned up in some of the searches for 2fa apps, it was founded 7 years ago and has been released 5 years now.

andOTP
Aegis
Aegis with auto-backups via Synology Drive
I’ve checked these two, but they don’t seem to offer an iOS app. Nice to see open source though.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.