Currently reading
DSM 6.2 2nd Docker user in DSM

NAS
DS920+
Operating system
  1. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. Android
I am wanting to add another user that is only able to access Docker, but from User management(GUI) under applications, Docker does not appear.
What am I missing? TYIA
DSM6.x

What am I missing? TYIA
That Synology actualy implents this as a supported feature?! Raise a feature request and pray they will implement it :)

Providing shell users for the docker command is even worse, as a shell user can create a container that mounts whatever file they like and can modify files within the container as root. In other word: nothing could prevent them from adding their user to the Syno administrator group.. but then again: who gives shell access to people they don't trust...

If I am not mistaken portainer has it's own user management and allows to restrict permissions on users. So maybee you should consider to use portainer for container management instead?

Upvote 0

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.