3rd party RAM - RS18017XS+

Currently reading
3rd party RAM - RS18017XS+

NAS
RS18017XS+
G'day,

Searched for D4RD-2666-32G and RS18017xs+ and got no hits, so first post!

I'm trying to upgrade the stock 16GB RAM on my RS18017XS+ as I need to add another couple of VMs. It's a lovely bit of kit but I'm running at 86% RAM capacity and another 2GB RAM allocated to a VM will break it.

I can see that the stock RAM is EOL and Synology now recommend D4RD-2666-32G. Wow that stuff is expensive!

Are there any 3rd party options that are confirmed to be compatible and can anyone suggest a good vendor?

As the 32GB runs at 2666 and the stock at 2133, I presume i can not mix and match...

Cheapest I've found the 32GB module is $976 AUD. I'm hoping there's a price premium on the official 'certified' stuff...

Hoping for some help before I have to rummage under the sofa!

Cheers,

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.