7.x update - troublesome if using Cloudsync & Hyperbackup, shared folder sync w/6.x unit?

Currently reading
7.x update - troublesome if using Cloudsync & Hyperbackup, shared folder sync w/6.x unit?

NAS
DS218+ 8GB RAM, DS212
Operating system
  1. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. Android
  2. iOS
How risky/troublesome is this update on a system (DS218+) that is doing cloudsync and hyperbackup, and has some folders synced w/a DS212+ that is not upgradeable to 7?

I'm in no hurry to update to 7.x, but also want to have an idea of how much work it may be when I do.

In particular, I'm using Cloudsync to sync media from my NAS to my Google Drive. Will I have to recreate cloudsync actions in the new Synology Drive app, or are they carried over in any way for me during the upgrade?

Thanks...that's so odd, I thought I had read that Cloud Sync was no longer supported in DSM 7, but I must have misunderstood something. Thanks for confirming.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.