NAS
DS 718+, 2x-DS 720+
Router
  1. RT2600ac
Operating system
  1. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. iOS
Both 718+ and 720+ working fine on 6.2.3.
Both email monthly health reports successfully, and QC is flawless.

I notice that 718+ always warns that 6.2.4 firmware is available, but 720+ Says 6.2.3 is the latest, no new update available. ??

compared settings in each, both the same.
went through Security Advisor on 720, and even after reset to stronger or weaker advanced settings, still says 6.2.3 is current.
both 718+ and 720+ update and restore set identically—Notify me and let me decide……

isn’t the end of the world, I am avoiding 6.2.4 anyway, but this is a head scratcher!
Is there a setting I’ve missed to hide updates?

Thanks for any comments

Last edited:
No idea. I have found update notifications on packages to be similarly erratic both between different NAS but especially between CMS server on one NAS and the DSM of the NAS itself. Regional settings maybe, but I doubt it.
Thank you! Here I was thinking it was me, but couldn’t find it in anything I ever touched! I’ve been pretty good about documenting settings, should they need to be matched or duplicated, and only posted after not seeing anything different between the two.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.