Currently reading
8TB SSD Prices - On the way down?

NAS
RS1221+, RS819, RS217
Operating system
  1. macOS
Mobile operating system
  1. iOS
Cheapest I have seen an 8TB SSD, for those that laugh at the Synology Vendor Lock - down to £555 on Amazon:

2022-02-09 at 13.46.43.png

For those that appreciate SSD volumes, of course.

☕

Most definitely at the bottom of the Samsung range and the 'SLC' portion of the drive is pretty limited for a single drive. But they RAID well, apparently, where the bottleneck moves to the NAS and not the QVO drives themselves.

I use WD SSDs in mine, so no personal experience of them but colleagues run them in Syno boxes.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Similar threads

• Question
Welcome. Breaking the array will result in data loss. So the only way you can do it, is to backup your...
Replies
Views
Update - thanks for everyone's feedback. I replaced two of the 3TB drives with the most power on time with...
Replies
Views
  • Question
That’s useful, thanks for sharing your experience. 👍 I need to look at video station to see how it does...
Replies
Views
Hello everything is fine ? This is the second time that I have had problems with this SLOT SSD...
Replies
Views
I found the NasCompares nvme list very informative when it came to choosing suitable drives for the new...
Replies
Views
for the last year I have been running a DS620 Slim with 6x 256gb Kingstone SSDs. This provides me with...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Thanks for your replies... will create SHR volume instead.
Replies
Views

Welcome to SynoForum.com!

SynoForum.com is an unofficial Synology forum for NAS owners and enthusiasts.

Registration is free, easy and fast!

Trending threads

Back