DS 718+, 2x-DS 720+
Router
  1. RT2600ac
Operating system
  1. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. iOS
Last edited:
I've had a couple times I had to find a false positive, but overall I'm very happy with TP..

There was a microsoft connection that was blocked that told 7 and 10 that there was no internet connection on Network and WIFI icon in lower right corner... When there Was an Internet Connection...

Today I realized the website that the Newspaper we subscribe to that sends email daily headlines to, is not down, it's a false positive as well..... Created new rules, Removing LAN IP, leaving destination IP's, and changing rule to "Do Nothing"

I now have Internet Access on Network and WIFI icons reporting correctly, and can get to Newspaper for the full stories.... from the email link...

These are only 2 instances so far, in multiple years of using TP....

I regularly get 'stun binding requests on unusual high ports' dropped. These connections seem to be required for the efficient running of google meet, which my wife uses for her work. I have had to disable protection for traffic from her computer.

I regularly get 'stun binding requests on unusual high ports' dropped. These connections seem to be required for the efficient running of google meet, which my wife uses for her work. I have had to disable protection for traffic from her computer.
Not just Google Team it affects other IP voice services and I had to do the same too. It was a relatively new rule added to ET OPEN and caused quite a lot of issues.

Have to report I get STUN Binding Requests and STUN Binding Requests on Non-Standard High Port (avg 300 per attempt to connect) with RT2600ac: Skype on Win10 and Linux; Google Fi wi-fi calls with Motorola smartphone and Samsung smartphone (incoming/outgoing calls). Same with another Win10/Skype in another household using same type router. Ugh... Now, starting yesterday I'm also getting STUN Binding "Responses" triggered with Fi.

Neither have I. They must connect by different protocols.
NB: I did check the network administer’s guide to google meet, and it does explicitly warn not to block the ports that Threat Protection blocks. If they are blocked, the system resorts to a less efficient protocol that degrades until connection is lost.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Welcome to SynoForum.com!

SynoForum.com is an unofficial Synology forum for NAS owners and enthusiasts.

Registration is free, easy and fast!

Trending threads

Back