A couple of apps give me the "This Site Can't Be Reached" error

Currently reading
A couple of apps give me the "This Site Can't Be Reached" error

NAS
DS218+
Operating system
  1. Windows
I recently noticed that my PLEX app immediately sends me to a web browser tab that says "This Site Can't Be Reached." I dont see any settings for the app. Any idea how I can troubleshoot the issue, if I cannot open the app? It does this with a couple other apps as well, but other apps seem to work just fine when I open them to their web browser.

Welcome to the forum.

If some are working and others are not, can you see any commonalities between those that are working and not working:
  • DSM packages, third party package, Docker container, or virtual machine.
  • Access mediated through use of: application portal; reverese proxy; web station virtual host
  • Accessed using: IP address; unique port number; personal or DDNS domain name; Quick Connect direct; QuickConnect Relay.
Have you recently changed something that may have a knock-on effect for accessing these packages?

Welcome to the forum.

If some are working and others are not, can you see any commonalities between those that are working and not working:
  • DSM packages, third party package, Docker container, or virtual machine.
  • Access mediated through use of: application portal; reverese proxy; web station virtual host
  • Accessed using: IP address; unique port number; personal or DDNS domain name; Quick Connect direct; QuickConnect Relay.
Have you recently changed something that may have a knock-on effect for accessing these packages?
Thanks for the reply. I haven't changed anything, but my Asus router likes to automatically and randomly reassign IP addresses for devices. I am wondering if that is the issue. I don't see any settings though to alter the app IP address.

Most routers that run DHCP server for the local devices will have a feature to reserve an IP address for a device's MAC address. This way the next time a device requests a IP address it will be assigned the reserved address.

I do this and also in my NAS I manually set network settings so that it has the reserved IP set by me and it won't change, plus there won't be a clash with that IP being assigned to some other device.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.