Info A Docker Primer...

Currently reading
Info A Docker Primer...

NAS
DS4l8play, DS202j, DS3623xs+, DSM 7.3.3-25847
I want to share a new Docker tutorial series I stumbled across, targeting the absolute beginner... like I am...

TechWorld with Nana

Presently there are 5 videos that build upon one another, and the promise to add a new video each week (2 were added this week).

I've found it helpful to run a terminal session alongside the video so I can try out the commands as I'm following the teaching.

If you're a recent Docker user like me, I think you'll find Nana's instruction clear and to the point. Check it out.

Nana's channel has a whopping 63 subscribers, but I'm convinced it will grow, as word gets out.

Last edited:
Video based trainings are nice to watch, though, for my taste, have a decent drawback :
- in order to be able follow the exercises, you have to watch a segment and rewatch it as often as it takes to actualy walk though the exercise.

If you are realy interessted in fully grasping docker and the container world, you might want to take a look at this excellent self paced training. I had two payed docker trainings in the past and both of them had been a waste of time compared to the slides.

Open the slides on one screen, have your ssh shell to your docker host open on another screen, walk through the slides and immediatly perform the exercies (starting with slide 83) to build up the experience.

I deleted that quoted sentence from the post, because it is not just a drawback of video based training. This is generly true. No hands on experience after a training usualy means to have wasted time to participate on the training. Though, with immediate hands on experience, they are a great way to learn new things :)

If you are realy interessted in fully grasping docker and the container world, you might want to take a look at this excellent self paced training. I had two payed docker trainings in the past and both of them had been a waste of time compared to the slides.
Nice, that link can go to Resources section.

Video based trainings are nice to watch, though, for my taste, have a decent drawback :
- in order to be able follow the exercises, you have to watch a segment and rewatch it as often as it takes to actualy walk though the exercise.

Open the slides on one screen, have your ssh shell to your docker host open on another screen, walk through the slides and immediatly perform the exercies (starting with slide 83) to build up the experience.

This is great and works well with labs.play-with-docker.com website.
Merci beaucoup!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.