something has been changed for worse:
- Synology community was devalued (point of this forum beginning)
- DSM updates release candidate fails, specially 6.2.2-24922
- Intel Celeron "J"series .... what wasn't Syno direct fault
and something has been changed for better:
- official Syno support in Germany was significantly improved in last quarter. OFC they didn't change software dev quality, but they have now an idea what's going on in your request. It is really better than "Ich habe keine Ahnung" what I've read from their previous answers many times.
- really strong Syno interest for an enhanced security of DSM - confirmed also by independent tests
There is still missing a creative environment between Syno R&D and power users for:
- tune of an existing features (DSM, packages, also HW, ...)
- an "idea" hub for new features.
When they will recognize this most important value of R&D, they will boost their business, even boost a differences between Syno and competitors. ... but: you can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink.