Info A simple speed test on your NAS

Currently reading
Info A simple speed test on your NAS

NAS
DS220+ : DS1019+ : DS920+ : DS118 : APC Back UPS ES 700 — Mac/iOS user
I love this one.
Very useful when you’re away from your NAS and you want to check the speed of your internet connection (where the NAS is located).

I use a speedtest cli for periodic test both in vpn and outside of it and present the metric in Grafana. Enough for me. Real-time year can be run on demand as well if I need it.

Dashboard 3 in this article

My speed test is less fanciful. I use the Download Station extension and grab a few GB+ isos from Microsoft and Red Hat. I can see the download rate through the extension and by the DSM widget.

My speed test is less fanciful. I use the Download Station extension and grab a few GB+ isos from Microsoft and Red Hat. I can see the download rate through the extension and by the DSM widget.
Sure. Why not.

It’s just that speedtest CLI uses the familiar Ookla speedtest.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.