ABB - File Level Backup for PC?

Currently reading
ABB - File Level Backup for PC?

NAS
DS3617xs
Operating system
  1. Windows
Hey, everyone! First post here. :)

I'm setting up PC backups through ABB for the first time. Is there not a way to do a file/folder level backup similar to what you can do in a file server? The templates make it super nice for backing up multiple PCs, but it's useless if I have to backup an entire system disk. I have no need for that, as I only need to backup the primary user's library folders.

I can do this easily if I pretend that they're file servers and just set up them up individually, but that's what I'm trying to get away from...

I appreciate the help!

Hey, everyone! First post here. :)

I'm setting up PC backups through ABB for the first time. Is there not a way to do a file/folder level backup similar to what you can do in a file server? The templates make it super nice for backing up multiple PCs, but it's useless if I have to backup an entire system disk. I have no need for that, as I only need to backup the primary user's library folders.

I can do this easily if I pretend that they're file servers and just set up them up individually, but that's what I'm trying to get away from...

I appreciate the help!
While Drive will be an option in this case as well, as Telos said, have you tried using the ABB's File server option?

With that you can do a "pull" backup initiated by the ABB and you will be able to do a file/folder selection of the content you want to backup.

Upvote 0
While Drive will be an option in this case as well, as Telos said, have you tried using the ABB's File server option?

With that you can do a "pull" backup initiated by the ABB and you will be able to do a file/folder selection of the content you want to backup.

File Server is exactly what I am using to get around it. The only unfortunate thing is that I have to set up each machine individually and cannot use a template unless I'm missing something. Thankfully I only have a few machines that we back up like this, but if that ever changes, an individual set-up could get tedious. :)

I'll experiment with Drive. Appreciate the expertise, you two!

Upvote 0

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.