ABB for MacOS : Error when trying to backup

NAS
1821+
Operating system
  1. macOS
Mobile operating system
  1. iOS
Hi,

I just installed ABB for MacOS client and it just desn't work at all. I am using a 24" iMac (Apple Silicon CPU) with Ventura 13.1

I installed, activated all security options as asked, but when I try to backup, I get errors in the client :
(sorry my client is in french, I try to translate the errors it may not be the exact wording in english)
"Failed connecting to the hidden user used by the agent"
"The free space of storage is under 2 % for cached location" (which is wrong, I have almost 50% free space)
"Failure reading transfer of the volume xxxxx"
"The backup task has failed"

I tried reinstalling multiple times, rebooting... always the same. Anyways it seems the uninstall script does not really uninstall everything properly so maybe something went wrong at the first installation and doesn't get corrected at uninstall ?

Thanks for your help.

I didn't have this problem, but when I tried to uninstall the hidden user account (using options in boot) it prompted me for a password. My client and NAS password do not let me in.

Anyone know what password is used by default? I'd like to remove the Synology Backup user. I tried the uninstall script and it didn't address this issue at all.

Thanks

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.