NAS
DS920+, DS218+
Operating system
  1. Linux
  2. Windows
  3. other
Mobile operating system
  1. iOS
Using Synology Active Backup to backup a Windows 10 machine via "File Server" & smb . Windows machine has only one user with Administrative permissions. Creating the File Server connections from ABB interface to Windows machine from ABB goes as expected and works with user credentials. When I attempt to add a task, I get to the "Select Backup Source" window, which shows both drives on the windows machine. However, when I click on the > to open up the C: drive, and select specific files, I get this:

1650886952094.png

Totally baffled. I am signed into the NAS as admin. The Windows user credentials are used successfully to create the file server connection, but get denied when trying to select directories. The user has admin rights on the windwos machine.

If by "local", you mean on the Synology, then no. They have a NAS account, but it is not admin.
No I mean they win account is it a member of the local admin group on the Pc you are targeting. Nas and win account have no direct connections

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.