Ability to select Subtitles Disappeared from DS Video

Currently reading
Ability to select Subtitles Disappeared from DS Video

NAS
DS212J, DS718+
I'm running Video Station 2.5.0-1656 (the last version before the TVDB API was removed, I believe). Regardless, the TVDB API is no longer supported.
Question 1: Does it matter if I upgrade Video Station? I find that since March 2021 (?) It doesn't find TV episode details anyway. It will find TV show details, but not episodes (?)

Question 2 (related to subject): My Video Station used to have (for movies at least) ability to select "Subtitles" via a drop down selection on the Movie details page. Even though there are subtitles in the folder or folder path it does not seem to pick them up and make them available to assign/select (e.g. an .srt file in a "Subs" directory). I feel I used to have this ability?

Any help/direction/advice on either of these questions greatly appreciated!!

Solution
Hi, yes better to install the latest version of Video Station, they fixed some bugs. The alternative TMDB plugin, is also fine for Movies and TV Shows. Is complete and free.

The name of external subtitles files must match the video file. And must be on the same folder. For example:

My Super Film (2022).mkv
My Super Film (2022).eng.srt
My Super Film (2022).ita.srt
Last edited:
Hi, yes better to install the latest version of Video Station, they fixed some bugs. The alternative TMDB plugin, is also fine for Movies and TV Shows. Is complete and free.

The name of external subtitles files must match the video file. And must be on the same folder. For example:

My Super Film (2022).mkv

Upvote 0
Solution

My Super Film (2022).mkv
Thanks Marco! Appreciate your answers.

So TMDB still has TV Show info? I guess keeping the old version only worked for so long as the API worked (March 2021 I believe I read).

I will try to move the srt files from the Subs directory to same directory as movie and see if that works. Thanks so much!

Upvote 0

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Welcome to SynoForum.com!

SynoForum.com is an unofficial Synology forum for NAS owners and enthusiasts.

Registration is free, easy and fast!

Back