Accessing wordpress(Docker) via nginx help needed

NAS
DS920+
Operating system
  1. Linux
  2. macOS
Mobile operating system
  1. iOS
Hi, I'm having trouble accessing WordPress externally. I have just installed WordPress in Docker and can access it fine locally. I have created a DNS record in CloudFlare (blog.mydomain.com) and added a proxy host in Nginx, but I've done something wrong. I'm just getting a connection timeout when trying to access it externally. Can anyone point me in the right direction please? Thanks.

Solution
Timeout points to firewall or port problem. Can you explain the external ports in use as well as what reverse proxy you are using?
Timeout points to firewall or port problem. Can you explain the external ports in use as well as what reverse proxy you are using?
Hi @Rusty ,

So it's port 80 to Nginx via http://blog.mydomain.com

Then Nginx forwards it to (nas-ip:port), using the port I mapped in the WordPress docker compose file (XXXX:80)

The port works fine locally ie. NAS_IP:XXXX.

I tried setting it up bare metal first and had the same issue. Thoght I'd set it up in docker instead before I spent time problem solving. I'm thinking it's something simple knowing me :rolleyes:

Thanks

Upvote 0
So in case anyone has a similar issue, with @Rusty's help I've decided to go a different way.
If a moderator passes this way then please feel free to delete this thread.

Thanks 👍

Upvote 0

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.