Info Active Backup for Business 2.5.0 beta with macOS support

Currently reading
Info Active Backup for Business 2.5.0 beta with macOS support

Gz on the new mini! My migration assistant didn't go as planned as after about 15min (70% copy) the transfer fell to bytes/s (not KB, but bytes), and for the next 12h, it copied that slow. I ended up setting it up fresh with 99% of my data being on the NAS, this was no issue. Took the opportunity to clean up a bit as well, so all in all after about 1h I was up and running.

Following that, I installed ABB fresh and registered the new Mac as a separate device. Clearly no issues in that case.

Not sure how long exactly it took to migrate: the 580 GB was initially estimated at over 3.5 hours over 1GbE… I left it to it but I’m sure it wasn’t as long as that. I tried to get the Thunderbolt 3 to 2 adapter working as a high speed to Thunderbolt 1, direct network but missed something. Have since got it working. The migration was a case of changing a few settings, enabling the security features to allow not just App Store apps, and extension support.

As for ABB issues, I just have backups running on a time schedule for now. As for setting the time windows when a task can run, this will just stop a running task until the next permitted window. I would have preferred it to allow a backup to continue but stop a new one starting if outside the windows. That way a timed schedule of every X hours could be configured, but for now it’s either daily or every hour.

Install, config, all good, backup failed:

Code:
Error,"Error code -1: Failed to run asr (Apple Software Restore) on Macintosh HD - Data, Macintosh HD.",2022-11-25 00:14:52
Error,"Failed to read and upload the volume content of Macintosh HD - Data, Macintosh HD.",2022-11-25 00:14:52

Passed it on and reported it. Waiting on Syno support
I have the same error on MacBook Pro but not on my Mac Studio.

I'm getting the same on my MacBook Air, have you heard from Synology at all?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.