DS415+
Operating system
  1. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. iOS
Type: Home network
Device: DS1821+
Version: 7.1.1

Issue: In the Business Agent on the PC being backed up when I click on Restore portal it responds

This site can’t be reached Name.synology.me refused to connect.
Try:
Checking the connection
Checking the proxy and the firewall
ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED

Configuration:
I have installed ABB on the Synology
I have installed the client on the PC
For the client connection I have used the IP address of my Synology on the LAN -192.168.1.XXX, my Synology user name and password. My user is an Admin. The IP is fixed.
I can then go in and create a backup task and backup my PC which is stored on the default ABB directory.
However a restore portal does not work on the client.
In Control Panel > External Access > Router Configuration > I have enabled Local port 5510 / Router port 5510 which tests ok.
In ABB Settings I have set the certificate to Enable / Active Backup for Business
In Synology Control Panel > Security > Settings > Configure > Active Backup for Business > I have set the certificate to Active Backup for Business.

It will happily back up. Just not restore. Its as if the backups are done locally by the Restore Portal is going over the internet.

Is anyone able to point me in the right direction?

thank you

Yes, I've done some investigating.
The recommended path is to use a domain name. I don't have a domain name. I'm just a home network.
So I've tried the second option which is to connect via an ip address. I'm using an Active Backup for Business certificate which I can see in Control Panel and in ABB Settings I have enabled the certificate to be Active Backup for Business. On the NAS under Security > Certificate > Settings I have associated the service ABB to the certificate ABB.

Point 3 says "On the backup source, connect to the server using the IP address."
I know my local ip address for the NAS and that works to communicate for a backup. However if I click the Restore Portal button I get the error

This site can’t be reachedcell01.synology.me refused to connect.
Try:
Checking the connection
Checking the proxy and the firewall
ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED

How do I configure the Restore Portal to work?

Upvote 0
Can you access the ABB portal from within a DSM browser session?
Yes, I log onto the NAS. Go to packages and click on Active Backup for Business Portal and it opens immediately. It appears to be going to this address.

https://192.168.1.XXX:8001/?launchApp=SYNO.SDS.ActiveBackupPortal.Application

Upvote 0
OK, so the issue you have is the ABB agent getting it wrong, and that link it provides is really just a bookmark to help the user get to the portal. I have a similar helpful link in Package Center for Plex and it doesn’t open my local Plex server.

For standard user accounts, the ABB Portal should still be available via DSM so I would suggest using that. Or you could assign a dedicated TCP port in Login Portal… though I don’t know if that would flow through to the ABB client.

Upvote 0
OK, so the issue you have is the ABB agent getting it wrong, and that link it provides is really just a bookmark to help the user get to the portal. I have a similar helpful link in Package Center for Plex and it doesn’t open my local Plex server.

For standard user accounts, the ABB Portal should still be available via DSM so I would suggest using that. Or you could assign a dedicated TCP port in Login Portal… though I don’t know if that would flow through to the ABB client.

Ok, thanks for your help.

Upvote 0

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.