Active Backup for Business - DS418 - 64bit - btrfs - NOT in Package Center

NAS
ds418
Operating system
  1. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. iOS
folks,
just received DS418, set up DSM7/raid5/protection/BTRFS, loaded Package Center and Active Backup for Business is missing.
can i download it?

Hyper Backup downloaded but my family uses all Win10 PCs. what do i need to do?

thanks, ron

Last edited:
folks,
just received DS418, set up DSM7/raid5/protection/BTRFS, loaded Package Center and Active Backup for Business is missing.
can i download it?

Hyper Backup downloaded but my family uses all Win10 PCs. what do i need to do?

thanks, ron
ABB is supported on the below listed models. DS418 is not ABB supported.

Applied Models​

Upvote 0
You can move all data from the W10 pc‘s to the NAS, and make sure all computers map to the nas (Central storage). This setup is much easier to maintain as well.
then setup a centralised backup from the nas to another device like nas, USB or cloud.

you can also use Synology Drive, which complicates the setup, but is suited if your data is needed out of your lan, as it will sync upon return to the lan.

Upvote 0
ABB is supported on the below listed models. DS418 is not ABB supported.

Applied Models​

gerard: i did find that as well. what i don't understand is that i thought the requirement for ABB was 64bit + btrfs which ds418 does have? and i thought that somewhere there was a posting that said the omission for ds418 had been made available.
i appreciate your response; i guess it is worth a try for a direct inquiry to synology and confirm i was mistaken.
thanks for the response

eaz1954: good points. my 'trauma' is that in the last 'mandated' update from microsoft for win10, the update ran out of space and corrupted windows. lost a pile of stuff. yes, i did have an old backup, 9mos old, that i used to rebuild the laptop. i did that backup using AOMEI BACKUPPER that backed up to a desktop. [but i lack judicious discipline for admin details and didn't schedule more regular disk backups - i was kind of hoping that ABB would be the solution going forward based on this harsh lesson].
so
my guess is that i need to work out via AOMEI backups for the family machines and get individual AOMEI installs for each device to maintain the schedules to the nas.
meantime, i'll re-read your suggestions and see if that suggested path is easier and more dependable

thanks guys for your inputs
ron

Upvote 0

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.