blackvoid Active Backup for Business - DSM 7.1 disaster recovery

Currently reading
blackvoid Active Backup for Business - DSM 7.1 disaster recovery

Active Backup for Business - DSM 7.1 disaster recovery

This article will focus on a single DSM 7.1/Active Backup for Business feature that was a long time in the making.

Announced a few years back, and implemented for the first time in DSM 7.1, bare-metal DSM and data restore is now possible using Active Backup for Business package.

The first solid info of this was presented at the beginning of 2022, during Synology 2022 and beyond event. It was clear that Synology did not give up on this feature and on top of it all, it even made the Active Backup for Business package an even better solution than it is/was.

Continue reading...

ABB Agent for DSM still in Beta. I am testing this out, currently setup the task from my DS718+ to RS820+. While doing so I noticed that my source (DS718+) storage jumped from around 800-900gb used to 1.7tb used. This happened after the DS718+ source rebooted, has anyone else seen a storage jump on the source NAS? I initiated the backup and it's only at 1%, it will take a day or so to fully backup. I'm wondering if this is just some sort of temp storage, maybe it did some sort of snapshot and then will release that storage once the job is fully completed. ?!?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.