Currently reading
DSM 7.0 Active Backup for Business - Linux agent

Status
Not open for further replies.
NAS
918+
Router
  1. RT2600ac
Hi I have a problem with connecting and installing linux backup agent.
I have the same error when installing in the root folder or in the home folder.

"./install.run: line 653: ./install.sh: Permission denied"

did anyone manage to install the linux agent and connect it to AB?

Thank you

I'm just reporting that this problem only occurs with virtuals installed on a Proxmox host so we'll need to wait for this to be resolved by proxmox or Synology.

1. Till now, there is only agent based on simple rsync, then it’s file level backup only. What is for me insufficient backup method. Still waiting for bare-metal pr block level kind of backup orchestrated remotely as is for Win based OSs.

2. When you have Proxmox, then you need check an answer in source of the unofficial image providers from Xpen...

3. For rsync only backup you can find plenty workaround everywhere. NFS based transfer is better than SMB. It works.

what about use of Relax and Recover (my favorite tool for bare-metal NFS backup from a computer to NAS)
what is perfect choice for all Linux distros ... used with all my Ubuntu machines
you need just NFS Shared folder in your NAS
then setting of "mount point" in rear "local.conf"
OUTPUT=ISO #for a recovery device
BACKUP=NETFS
BACKUP_URL="nfs://nas-IP/volumeX/folderY/"
# don't use ":" between "nas-IP" and rest of the target, because rear will put there own ":"
then just
sudo rear -v -V checklayout mkbackup

more here:

what about use of Relax and Recover (my favorite tool for bare-metal NFS backup from a computer to NAS)

what is perfect choice for all Linux distros ... used with all my Ubuntu machines
you need just NFS Shared folder in your NAS
then setting of "mount point" in rear "local.conf"

then just

more here:

Why use something if AB has agent for backup in new beta DSM 7 and working great, only problem that I have are vm on Proxmox and Proxmox itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.