Active Backup for Business Mac agent v2.5 - how to logout, change server, or completely uninstall ???

Currently reading
Active Backup for Business Mac agent v2.5 - how to logout, change server, or completely uninstall ???

NAS
DS716+
Router
  1. MR2200ac
Operating system
  1. macOS
Mobile operating system
  1. iOS
I have Active Backup for Business Mac client v2.5 installed on iMac 2015 running Ventura 13.1.
Full disk access is granted.

The Agent keeps complaining: Error. Connecting to a different server is not allowed. To change to another server please log out to proceed.

I'm ripping my hair out because there is no button, menu item, or any mechanism to log out of the ABB client.
I've tried uninstalling ABB it by deleting the app. I cant even locate where its preference files are to fully reset it. Then reinstalling but it just picks up where itleft off with the same error.

The only button on the ABB window is Restore Portal. If I click that I get the same please log out message.

How the hell do I log out the ABB client to change servers ?????

Screenshot 2023-01-05 at 10.17.21 AM.png

Screenshot 2023-01-05 at 10.17.51 AM.png

Screenshot 2023-01-05 at 10.18.32 AM.png

I have Active Backup for Business Mac client v2.5 installed on iMac 2015 running Ventura 13.1.
Full disk access is granted.

The Agent keeps complaining: Error. Connecting to a different server is not allowed. To change to another server please log out to proceed.

I'm ripping my hair out because there is no button, menu item, or any mechanism to log out of the ABB client.
I've tried uninstalling ABB it by deleting the app. I cant even locate where its preference files are to fully reset it. Then reinstalling but it just picks up where itleft off with the same error.

The only button on the ABB window is Restore Portal. If I click that I get the same please log out message.

How the hell do I log out the ABB client to change servers ?????

View attachment 11753
View attachment 11754
View attachment 11755
In the macos menu bar there should be an abb icon as a drop-down menu (towards the right side of the menu bar) There you will have the option to sign out.

Uninstall is done using the applications folder on your mac. 1st stop the client, then right click the app in the Applications folder and choose show content. Inside you should see the uninstall icon that will lead you through the process.

Upvote 0
Hello,

I own a 920+ and joined the forum for this same issue. I'm not happy with the solution.

Yesterday, I tried to do a manual start and no option was evident at client or NAS. I reconfigured my network last week and the client app keeps pointing to the old IP address with no option to change it.

Thanks to this forum I found the uninstall script, but it didn't help me remove the dual login it created. I decided to go back to Time Machine and this seems like it is actually working OK (that also seemed poor the previous time I tried it). However, the Active Backup for Mac needs a lot of work. I'd love to add 2 other Mac clients but for now will leave things alone.

Upvote 0
To initiate a manual backup requires it to be done at the NAS using an NAS admin or ABB delegated user account. Then select the Task list and the desired task, then click Backup.

If the task is configured to initiate a backup on lock screen etc. then this is a way the Mac user can cause a backup to start.

The task logout, as said earlier, is via the Mac menu bar item for ABB. To fully do the logout you have to authorise it by entering the NAS admin username/password. That should dissociate the Mac from the NAS and next time you should be able to select a different NAS.

Upvote 0
Hi Fred,

Really appreciate the help and guidance. I did read your suggestions before posting. You helped me find the uninstaller which didn't completely uninstall the app/settings, but did help.

What you are describing seems like the way it should work. However, this is not the case for me. I have no traditional menu bar on my M1 MacBook Pro. No means to sign out was available on the client side. In the Synology app, while logged in as an admin, the backup button remained grayed out whether I left it on schedule, manual, etc.

At this point it seems half baked at least on ARM based Macs. I tried uninstalling/reinstalling but not willing to waste a few more hours until the next update comes out. For reference I am using the most updated version of the public beta Ventura 13.2. Perhaps that is the issue.

Upvote 0
At this point it seems half baked at least on ARM based Macs
Been using it on both Intel and ARM Macs since day 1 and haven't had a situation like yours. Does the menu bar appear when you start the ABB client app from the Applications folder?

Screenshot 2023-01-23 at 00.06.53.png

Upvote 0

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.