Active Backup for Business recovery wizard does not find a backup

Currently reading
Active Backup for Business recovery wizard does not find a backup

Hi,

backed up a computer, trying to test a bare metal restore.
+ install backup agent DONE
+ configure backup agent, backup entire device DONE
+ boot from USB Active Backup for Business Recovery Wizard
+ log in successfully

Select the device and the task list is empty although i have two full backups. What use is a backup if I cannot restore?

Hi,

+ install backup agent DONE
+ configure backup agent, backup entire device DONE
+ boot from USB Active Backup for Business Recovery Wizard
+ log in successfully

Select the device and the task list is empty although i have two full backups. What use is a backup if I cannot restore?
permission problem maybe?

Last edited:
I do not think so. I tried to log in with the same user that does the backup. And I tried logging in with the global admin.
Both accounts have the "Active Backup for Business" and "Active Backup for Business Portal" set to Allow.
-- post merged: --

And also - I can log in to the web interface with both of these accounts and I see the backups.
It is just the bare metal restore wizard that does not find anything.

I do not think so. I tried to log in with the same user that does the backup. And I tried logging in with the global admin.
Both accounts have the "Active Backup for Business" and "Active Backup for Business Portal" set to Allow.
-- post merged: --

And also - I can log in to the web interface with both of these accounts and I see the backups.
It is just the bare metal restore wizard that does not find anything.
hmm any chance that you have used ISO for the ABB for DSM 7 and not DSM6 and vice versa?

Hi,

• install backup agent DONE
  • configure backup agent, backup entire device DONE
  • boot from USB Active Backup for Business Recovery Wizard

You have downloaded and booted from the recovery version for machines running Linux, to restore backup copies of machines running Winodws, you need to download the recovery utility for Windows accordingly!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.