Currently reading
Active Backup for Business "SSL certificate has been changed"

NAS
DS918+
Operating system
  1. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. Android
I while ago I started using mynas.synology.me and I just found out my pc hasnt backed up in 85 days. I checked Active backup on the pc and it says "SSL certificate has been changed" which makes sense because when I go into edit connection, it is showing my IP. So I tried to replace it with mynas.synology.me but that didnt work. Do I need a port number at the end?
Thanks

There's more on ABB agent silently stopping:

For the agent, you don't need the port number appended to the server name as this is hardcoded. The ABB web portal is HTTP/HTTPS and can be configured in Control Panel -> Application Portal.

TypePort NumberProtocol
Active Backup for Business5510 (Synology NAS)
443 (vCenter Server and ESXi host), 902 (ESXi host);
445 (SMB for Hyper-V host), 5985 (HTTP for Hyper-V host), 5986 (HTTPS for Hyper-V host)
TCP

Last edited:
There's more on ABB agent silently stopping:

For the agent, you don't need the port number appended to the server name as this is hardcoded. The ABB web portal is HTTP/HTTPS and can be configured in Control Panel -> Application Portal.

TypePort NumberProtocol
Active Backup for Business5510 (Synology NAS)
443 (vCenter Server and ESXi host), 902 (ESXi host);
445 (SMB for Hyper-V host), 5985 (HTTP for Hyper-V host), 5986 (HTTPS for Hyper-V host)
TCP
Ok i really dont understand. What is the agent? I looked at the other link and couldnt understand what to do. I should not be using the ip adress correct? I clicked trust ssl and had to do it twice then it connected. is this safe now? Or does the connection need to be mynas.synology.me?
Thanks

so im still not understanding how to edit the connection on the pc to replace the ip with mynas.synology.me?
Thank you

By right-clicking on the tray icon, a context menu on which all the available options are listed.

Click on Edit Connection from the context menu.

If you use an IP address in the Synology Drive Client then you have to confirm you trust the connection twice: because the SSL certificate doesn't not assert that it is valid for a server 'IP address'... this is the client telling you that there is a certificate mis-match [like a web browser tells you when the same happens]. AFAIK, unlike in the Synology mobile apps, there is no option skip validating the certificate: so when the certificate changes/renews you will have to Edit Connection and re-save it. Put a note in your to-do list?

If you want to avoid doing this then the steps I outlined in the linked post will solve it. But your Internet router/firewall will probably have to support local loopback to avoid sending traffic onto the Internet and back. Where local loopback means the router is intelligent enough to spot that mynas.synology.me:6690 is being fowarded by itself to NAS:6690.

There is a way to configure this so it doesn't happen anymore. Basically when you have multiple certs you have to manually select the self signed cert that's good for over a decade.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.