Active Backup for Business stopped working on 1 computer.

Currently reading
Active Backup for Business stopped working on 1 computer.

NAS
DS1512+
Operating system
  1. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. Android
I have Active Backup for Business set to run backups nightly 5 weekdays on 2 computers. It was working fine backups on both computers as expected.

On Oct 3. I had to shut down my NAS for about 1 week or 10 days. When it was restarted I let it run for a week or so and then checked to make certain that backups were being done as expected. I found that 1 computer (mine) was backing up as expected. The other (wife's) was not backing up. I opened ABFB on her computer and see that it shows an internet connection error. It also shows an incorrect IP address from what the current IP is for the server. Apparently it has not found the correct IP for the NAS. If I run finds.synology on her computer it will find the NAS and I can login and do whatever. The internet is working on her computer as well as the network.

So it seems to me that I need to reset the IP address in Active Backup for Business on her computer. How? Or is there something else that I am missing?

reset the IP address in Active Backup for Business on her computer. How?
Terminate the connection (log out of the ABB client) and then make the connection again. ABB will pick up where it left off. As to why that happened I have no idea but it does seem odd for the ABB client to change the destination address on its own.

Thanks Rusty. I don't see a way to terminate the connection from the NAS. Will a reboot of the computer do that? Not my computer so I'm not sure when the last reboot was. Easy enough to try. Just wondering if that is what you were suggesting. Or is there a way to "log out of the ABB client" that I am not aware of?

Thanks Rusty. I don't see a way to terminate the connection from the NAS. Will a reboot of the computer do that? Not my computer so I'm not sure when the last reboot was. Easy enough to try. Just wondering if that is what you were suggesting. Or is there a way to "log out of the ABB client" that I am not aware of?
Log out on the client side, yes that is the way. By logging out you will see the warning that the computer will be removed from ABB, but that will not delete the content so far.

So logging in on the client side will re-register the computer and you will be able to continue forward.

Log out should be in the right-click menu using the ABB system tray icon.

Thank you Rusty. With your advice I was able to resolve the IP issue. Not quite as you described, but your help is what got me there. I right clicked on the ABB icon and first tried to Log Out as you described. Unfortunately that did not work as the IP was incorrect. But in the right click menu is an option to change the IP. Very simple and straightforward, if you know where to look. I changed the IP. And all seems fine as of now. I logged into the NAS from my computer, checked ABB and it now shows both computers connected. Next backup is scheduled for tonight, I'll know for certain tomorrow.

Thank you again for the help,
Ron

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Old thread notice: There have been no replies in this thread for quite some time. The last reply was on .
The content in this thread may no longer be relevant. It might be better to open a new thread instead.