Active Backup for Microsoft 365

NAS
DS918+
Operating system
  1. macOS
Mobile operating system
  1. iOS
Last edited:
I need to update the package for Active Backup for Microsoft 365, but this requires 'Universal Search' running for the update to be processed. I looked to do the update 3 days ago and 'Universal Search' is still in a starting condition. Any ideas on how to fix it?

Very close to uninstalling Active Backup for Microsoft 365 as this is really annoying me now....

Screenshot 2021-08-01 at 10.57.40.jpg
Screenshot 2021-08-01 at 10.58.09.jpg

-- post merged: --

Looks like it's the problem I had before.

Sigh.......
-- post merged: --

I've logged into the NAS and used SSH:

sudo synopkg stop SynoFinder

The problem now is that Universal Search is sitting at 'stopping' without actually stopping..... Grrr

Ah ha now it's stopped, looking to start it again....

If I look to start it via the control panel I get:

Screenshot 2021-08-01 at 11.36.56.jpg

Eventually it stopped.....

Now looking to start it using Sudo.... stuck on starting again....... and failed to start, trying once more..... and back to the 'another packager error again'..

I can see a reboot of the NAS coming up..... (again).....

Last edited:
Well I've rebooted the NAS and Universal Search will still not run. I did get a message that a package was in the process of being removed and was I sure I wanted to reboot the NAS so I guess at some point the Universal Search package has screwed up. I also looked to manually update the Plex server and that failed too.
Hmm not enjoying this at the moment.

Okay now using Marius tips here. I've managed to stop the Universal Search and disabled it. However if I try to uninstall it I get 'Failed to uninstall package: SynoFinder, 268'.

At this point if I try to update the Plex package I'm back to the 'Another package is being configured, installed or restored. Please try again later'.

So I guess something is really screwed up somewhere. Would Synology be able to help do you think?

Upvote 0
Well all fixed now.... The Universal Search application was the issue. They provided me with a newer version than is out on public release and after I installed that I could update / run the other packages so very happy.

Upvote 0

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.