Currently reading
Active Backup for Office 365... Grrr

NAS
DS918+
Operating system
  1. macOS
Mobile operating system
  1. iOS
Well a fun-not day today. I tried out a new email app on the Mac - Mailspring - rather nice to play with. I noticed a lot of garbage-looking messages in the Calendar and Contacts folders (Office 365) so decided to clean them out...

Not a good idea, it turned out they were in reality my actual Calendar and Contacts data. So I ended up with no calendar and contact data at all.

I looked to do a restore using Active Backup for 365 - I got my contacts data back, but all my historical calendar data looks to me be unrestorable, not even showing in the portal for restoring. Plus it looks like the restore only allows a page at a time to be restored not all the calendar data in its entirety. Not happy, not impressed. Hoping I'm missing something but I think not.
All my historical medical appointments, holidays, etc all gone.

Well Synology Active Backup for 365 did actually get 99% of my appointments back after I chose various different backup windows to search through. Much happier now.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.