Active Backup - Physical Servers listed under PC

Currently reading
Active Backup - Physical Servers listed under PC

NAS
DS1815+
Operating system
  1. Windows
Hi, I've just installed the Active backup agent on 11 Windows 10 workstations (a variety of 32 / 64 bit) and a couple of Windows 2012 servers. Just logged into the Diskstation to view them all in Active backup and they're all listed as PCs, and nothing under Physical Server. Does that matter? Being that I cannot find a separate 32bit/64 bit Business Agent for servers here:

I guess I have correctly used the installation. Not tried backing anything up yet, today was all about installing the agent on all devices as well as create recovery media for each of them, a fun 12 minutes per server/workstation! I notice that you can 'change device type' once but that is a bit final as allegedly you can't change back, so wanted to check.

The other thing is, once ADK is installed and used to create recovery media, do I really need it on each machine consuming circa 7 gigs? Not much of an issue but just wondering if I should!

Thanks

Dan

Does that matter?
No. Server section is for “pull” method backup, not a backup using AB agent

The other thing is, once ADK is installed and used to create recovery media, do I really need it on each machine consuming circa 7 gigs? Not much of an issue but just wondering if I should!
once you have build the image you can use a pxe boot or any other method to boot the machine, no need to have ADK on each machine (especially if the machines are identical in architecture).

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.