Currently reading
DSM 7.0 Active Backup Portal Restore URL

NAS
DS220+
Operating system
  1. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. Android
Since I upgraded to DSM 7, the address of the restore portal when clicking on the restore portal button opens an url which is no more the local address used by the agent for backup. When the browser opens the address part of the url shown is the DDNS address defined in remote access. I don't want to open the 5001 port on my router to the outside just to enable partial restoration for the users. As a work around I have to replace in the address bar of the browser "xxx.synology.me" with the local address or name of the NAS, which is ennoying for non skilled users.
Is it possible to correct this behaviour ?

Apps that don't have custom domain name settings as part of their options (like Photos for example), will fall back to ddns address if it is detected as configured.

Drive on the other hand has settings that can be modified to allow custom domains and URLs.

So this is for internal usage only considering that you are talking about local addresses?

Apps that don't have custom domain name settings as part of their options (like Photos for example), will fall back to ddns address if it is detected as configured.

Drive on the other hand has settings that can be modified to allow custom domains and URLs.

So this is for internal usage only considering that you are talking about local addresses?
Yes it is for internal usage. AB in DSM 6 did not behave like this. I would exped that it should use the NAS adress used for connection by the agent.

So you are saying that when you log into DSM locally (using the IP address) and access the ABB portal it switches to the DDNS URL?
1631872237329.png

I am saying that in the AB client when clicking Restoration portal (1), despite having the local name of the NAS (2), the browser attemps to open an URL with my DDNS setting (ie xxx.synology.me). In DSM 6 it opened an URL with my local NAS adress (in my case SYNOLOGY)

View attachment 4500

I am saying that in the AB client when clicking Restoration portal (1), despite having the local name of the NAS (2), the browser attemps to open an URL with my DDNS setting (ie xxx.synology.me). In DSM 6 it opened an URL with my local NAS adress (in my case SYNOLOGY)
and the task was configured on the client side with a local IP address or "SYNOLOGY"?

SYNOLOGY. I tried also with local ip address.
I could test this out later today as atm I am not able to test ABB on DSM7, but I can't say that I had this problem when I tested it on beta2. Not 100% sure tbh, but I can test it later today or weekend unless someone can confirm this before me.

I tested this on ABB / DSM 7 and Win 10. Both on the LAN

The ABB client is configured to use abb.my domain.com, resolved through my LAN DNS to NAS_IP. When I change the client to use NAS_IP it shows the portal as using the IP. But clicking the button opens a browser window to abb.my domain.com,

Quitting the client via right-click its icon and reopen didn’t change anything. I’ve too many open docs to reboot the PC to see if that fixed it.

Either this started with DSM 7 or with the new version of ABB (there was a beta in DSM 6 that I avoided). I remember the client used to open to the IP if that’s what it said it would.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.