Active Backup Portal Restore

Currently reading
Active Backup Portal Restore

NAS
DS1618+
Operating system
  1. Windows
Hello,

I'm having some issues with restoring at folder level through the portal. I have full permissions on the server, but for some reason I'm unable to access my full metal backup at a file level restore. When on the Active Backup for Business Portal, I select View Role as myself, then the Task as my own machine, then try to expand the Disk 0 - Volume 1 tree and I get the error "Failed to access folder [Disk 0 - Volume 1]." message.

I'm able to successfully expand and restore other tasks at a file level that aren't my own (admin privileges), but unable to do this for myself and some other specific users.

Any ideas what's going on here? The backups are running fine, but I'm just not able to restore at a file level for some reason.

Thanks in advance.

James

ok so it has admin privileges then?
Yes it has admin privileges. I did notice that in File Station, under my backup volume it is not creating the ActiveBackupData folder for the task. Under the @ActiveBackup folder, I see all the tasks, but the ActiveBackupData folder is completely empty. Any reason for this?

I even created a brand new task last night and ran a fresh backup and it still did not create the folder in ActiveBackupData.

Upvote 0
Any reason for this?
And the destination for data save for that specific task/template is configured to go where? Check the template configuration.

If it is the folder you are saying it is, and it's not saving, then I have to say it's something to do with permissions, but then again, ABB runs with admin privileges so it should have access to all the shared folders.

Upvote 0
And the destination for data save for that specific task/template is configured to go where? Check the template configuration.

If it is the folder you are saying it is, and it's not saving, then I have to say it's something to do with permissions, but then again, ABB runs with admin privileges so it should have access to all the shared folders.
Ok I think that's the problem. The destination it's saving to is the ActiveBackupData folder, but when I click on the completed backup, it errors and says it does not exist. So if it doesn't exist, then why did it still complete after 15 hours of it backing up haha. This must be a permissions issue if it's just not creating the folder.

Upvote 0
Ok I think that's the problem. The destination it's saving to is the ActiveBackupData folder, but when I click on the completed backup, it errors and says it does not exist. So if it doesn't exist, then why did it still complete after 15 hours of it backing up haha. This must be a permissions issue if it's just not creating the folder.
I would say so. Strange that it even went with the backup, but I guess it's using a temp location to make it and then offload it to the final one.

Try and make a new folder, and reconfigure the template.

Upvote 0
I would say so. Strange that it even went with the backup, but I guess it's using a temp location to make it and then offload it to the final one.

Try and make a new folder, and reconfigure the templ
-- post merged: --

I agree, I think that's the next step. I'll recreate the folder and start from scratch again with a new template.

Upvote 0

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.