Active Backup - Restore

NAS
DS918+
Operating system
  1. Linux
  2. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. iOS
Quick question. I have multiple clients being backed up via Active Backup. The backup process has generally been smooth once I corrected issues with a USB drive that was corrupt on one client. My questions is related to creating Restore media for bare metal restores. Do I need to create a bootable USB or ISO for each client? I made one for one client to see how the process works but am not certain it will work with the other clients since the hardware is completely different for each client. Leads me to believe the drivers that are added to the USB/ISO are particular to the client and need to be different for each machine that is different. Any thoughts appreciated.

Do I need to create a bootable USB or ISO for each client?
That would be wise, for if your USB fails, you would have another. Also, unless the clients are physically identical, there could be driver issues.

The backup process has generally been smooth
While that's desirable, have you tried a restore process? It's better to do that before you must, so you can fully understand the ups and downs of the restoration process.

I have done a restore for the one client I used the media creator for and it went well. Far, far faster that I thought it take. I did a restore of various points since I backed up and each time the restore process was quick and efficient. I'll create media for each client. Thanks.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.