Currently reading
Active backup

NAS
Synology DS920+
Operating system
  1. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. Android
Have been using Active backup for business for awhile and would like to remove a few a few older backups. However, right clicking the file and choosing delete isn't working. It says, "(Unable to perform this operation, possibly because the network connection is unstable or busy. Please try again later.)

Is there a way to accomplish this. TIA

Have been using Active backup for business for awhile and would like to remove a few a few older backups. However, right clicking the file and choosing delete isn't working. It says, "(Unable to perform this operation, possibly because the network connection is unstable or busy. Please try again later.)

Is there a way to accomplish this. TIA
Where are you preforming this from exactly?

Upvote 0
That’s a not the way. Use the abb console and reduce the number of versions. That will clear out the old snaps.
That's what I tried after. I changed it from 5 to 3 last week. have it set for every sunday and it ran twice. There' still 5 showing. That's why I tried manually deleting the oldest 1.

Upvote 0
Thanks - this helped me also. What a bad UI design and messaging from Synology. It's Dec 2023, and DSM 7.2 still has this confusing behaviour.

Here's what the message box should read "You cannot delete backup archives from File Station - please use the 'Active Backup ' and delete the backup archive from there."

...or similar.

Upvote 0

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.