2. MR2200ac
  3. RT6600ax
  4. WRX560
Operating system
  1. macOS
Mobile operating system
  1. iOS
fredbert submitted a new resource:

Adding a User to the Administrators Group on a Synology Router - Josh Adams on the Synology Community provides this useful how-to

I just found this (it bubbled up to the top of Synology Community's articles so to save it from being lost to history I'm linking to it and Josh's website).

If you wanted to have a different admin username than the default 'admin' then the only official way to achieve this has been during initial setup of the router. But if you didn't realise then either you have to reinitialise and start again or live with 'admin'.

Here Josh walks through how to add a new admin user without starting over...

Read more about this resource...

Yes good one. I used this instructions a little while ago. With Synology routers I have 3 different sites connected to each other with site-to-site VPN. But only 2 of them have a NAS with LDAP service. So due to this (Synology's own design flaw, which they admitted to me via support), I can only add 2 of the routers into the LDAP environment. So on the other router in the NAS-less network I used this instructions to get 2 local accounts admin access.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.