DSM 7.1 Adding memo/label/tag to locked backup version?

Currently reading
DSM 7.1 Adding memo/label/tag to locked backup version?

NAS
DS418play
Operating system
  1. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. Android
Hi everyone,
I'm Running DSM 7.1.1 with Active Backup 2.6.2-13081 on my DS418play.

I have my main desktop backing up and it has been going well, I have been able to do a full restore which has been really nice.
As I am going through with a fresh system install, I'd like to save certain milestone install states. I'd like to lock a bare-metal backup, then lock a backup after office is installed, and another after specific customizations. Also occasionally to do a special just in case backup if I am about to try something unorthodox. Just have a few milestones I quickly roll back to if necessary. I already use Synology Drive to sync active files so I can do a full restore, reactivate the Drive connection and be up and running in short order. It has worked great so far.

I've figured out how to "lock" a "version" which is great, but I don't see any way to add any sort of information. A regular backup is just a backup, but a manually locked backup is for a good reason, and there should be some way to make note of that reason!

I see two items appear when I hover over a backup version, one for a live video backup which is never available, and delete.

I would really like to add a memo to locked backups. Am I missing something or would this just be a feature request?

Thanks,
~brainsoft

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Welcome to SynoForum.com!

SynoForum.com is an unofficial Synology forum for NAS owners and enthusiasts.

Registration is free, easy and fast!

Trending threads

Back