Adding subtitle languages not available

NAS
DS918+
Operating system
  1. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. Android
Hi there,

I hope someone can help, I just recently updated to DSM 7 and so far am very happy with it.

Before I used to download subtitles and put them in a movie folder, however, I noticed the option in Video Station now to download the subtitles automatically, this is great, so I signed up for an open subtitles account and added my login details into Video Station so it can retrieve the subs, and this works so far very well.

My issue is that I live in Indonesia, on the open subtitles website Indonesian subs are supported, again great, however, in Video Station, the option to choose Indonesian language is not there in the drop-down list.

Is there any way to edit a file on the NAS to allow me to add the Indonesian language so it is available in the drop-down list?

I`m sure this would be of great interest to many people around the world whose language option is not available in Video Station but is supported by Open Subtitles.

Many thanks in advance Alan

Hi,

I don't know much about Video Station. However, upon reading your post I checked my Emby installation and Indonesian is available. If you're stuck, you might try Emby or Plex and see if it works for you.
You can also raise a ticket with Synology and ask, there might be a simple way to do it in Video Station.

Make sure to check the recommended (Emby/Plex) version and how to install it as things have changed with 7, if you decide to go that route.

913DC1F4-28F3-4981-A17E-33D69A0850B3.jpeg

Upvote 0
I've had a look around the installed package's files in '/volume1/@appstore/VideoStation' and can't find where they've put configuration of subtitles. There's a subtitle plugins directory but the files are binary executables and not cleartext scripts.

You could raise this omission with Synology Support.

As for Plex, is this what you're looking for?
1627110788558.png

Upvote 0

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Welcome to SynoForum.com!

SynoForum.com is an unofficial Synology forum for NAS owners and enthusiasts.

Registration is free, easy and fast!

Back