admin login on NAS necessary for Support access...

Currently reading
admin login on NAS necessary for Support access...

NAS
DS 718+, 2x-DS 720+
Router
  1. RT2600ac
Operating system
  1. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. iOS
During a recent Support issue, when I gave the xadmin login and password, I was told that Tier 2 would only login to system with an admin login..
And that was not negotiable! Only if I added an admin login, would they continue... No Exceptions!
I created a new admin login and password, (in addition to the xadmin login that still exists), and Support continued on...

I've seen multiple suggestions that (for Security issues), Synology requests to change the name of admin or delete the admin password if you have multiple admin logins... for security purposes... That's why I had an xadmin login without any admin login.... Now I have both... Both are admin logins...

It would appear from my communications with Support, that there might be something that only an admin login can do, that a xadmin login couldn't do....

Just nosy.... what could that be? I forgot to ask them as I was concentrating on getting the issue at hand fixed... Which it is now... With beta software...

When they release me from the remote access login, and I disable remote login, remove the 2 SSH entries, and re-apply firewall rules from before, should I consider deleting the admin login, as directed by Synology before, and just continue with xadmin?

Thanks for you comments...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.