Hello

Here is my current configuration

1. Main router RT6600 AX #1 basement connected to FIOS
Port 1 primary network
connect via ethernet to RTX6600 AX #2 main level WAN port

Port 2 primary network

Port 3 IOT to bridge IOT network 192.168.30.X

Port 4 set to Security cameras
Connected to 2nd NIC in computer to run blue iris 192.168.20.x so cameras are isolated from internet

2. Wireless mesh WRX560
3. Wireless mesh MR2200 AC

Questions:

1. Can I access the main set up of RT6600 #2 remotely
Do I need to set this in access point mode? The synology instructions did not seem to say to change it.

2. When I plug a computer into the ethernet port on RT6600AX #2 , and run an ipconfig, I get no ethernet connection. I can connect wirelessly with great signal strength? It does show up on an IP scanner as having a primary network IP address 192.168.1.X

3. When I plug an HDHOME RUN into it, I can access the HDHOME run menu and it works. It does get the correct 192.168.1.X assignment although the orange light on the RT6600AX #2 goes on ( I replaced the ethernet cable). The device works perfectly.

4 I get perfect signal strength throughout the house.

Questions:

1. Am I configured correctly?
2. Any reason why the laptop # 2 in not connecting to the wired ethernet connection?

Thanks in advance. I will be doing some youtube videos on ethernet backhaul this week!!

1). You cannot access RT6600 #2 in a mesh configuration. Once you mesh, the main router becomes the interface for the system.

2) Only the primary network is carried over to the mesh point on ethernet. Is your computer statically assigned an IP from one of the other VLANs?

Thank you. You solved my problem. I just rebooted and it works well right now. 2nd computer is DHCP. It would be great if the access points could assign vlan ports as well.

Agreed. I think the issue is logically separating the network with a single uplink port.

It would be great if the access points could assign vlan ports as well.
Wouldn't it! In Network Center you can see each router's port assignment on the Status page. So it would seem logical to let us configure the mesh routers' ports too.

One thing though, I believe that the mesh router ports are all configured as trunk ports (default VLAN ID of 0 for primary). If you have a managed switch or configure devices' physical interfaces to other VLAN IDs then I think this will work to get them on Guest and optional networks 3 to 5.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.