After upgrading DSM some of my converter boxes on my NAS Media Server are not UPNP working anymore.

Currently reading
After upgrading DSM some of my converter boxes on my NAS Media Server are not UPNP working anymore.

NAS
RS2418RP+
Operating system
  1. Windows
Well, request assistance on my Synology Rack Station Model RS2418RP+ Apparently after upgrading to the newer DSM version 6.2.3-25426 Update 2 the Asus converter boxes only !Oplay's are not able to connect to the NAS via UPNP anymore. I did several things, like decrease the SSDP advertisement interval but to no effect. Hopefully someone out there can assist me with this issue since is work related and not for hoe use. Thanks

I run Media Server which is accessed by my HEOS system. DSM is the same as your's and Media Server v1.8.1-2876. I've not had any noticeable issues connecting to Media Server. If I ever do have an issue with the NAS not showing up in HEOS's network servers list then I do either:
  • Stop and start Media Server in Package Center.
  • Change SSDP between 5 and 6 seconds. I found a really low SSDP made finding the NAS a lot more reliable.
  • Since moving to a multiple ethernet NAS and using LACP I've found some packages need restarting if the network changes (physically or configuration) while they are running.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Welcome to SynoForum.com!

SynoForum.com is an unofficial Synology forum for NAS owners and enthusiasts.

Registration is free, easy and fast!

Trending threads

Back